We love great shops. For most of our lives, we’ve hung out in them, depended on them, and worked in them.
Great shops are the lifeblood of our sports, and the best ones do two things:
(1) They welcome beginners and help grow their passion for the sport—we have no time for shops that talk down to or discourage anyone who is looking to get started.
(2) They are able to take care of diehards and experts. This rules out many big-box stores that often are staffed by people who aren’t terribly knowledgeable or passionate about the equipment they’re selling.
BLISTER Shops are a collective of the best service-oriented shops in the world. Simply put, these are the places we trust most in a given locale to work on our boots, to wrench on our bikes, to tune our skis, and to recommend the right equipment.
It’s not to say that there aren’t some other great shops out there, but these are the ones we can and will vouch for, and they are all shops that are deserving of your business.
And to ensure that this stays a top-shelf list, we are going to reevaluate this list each year. You won’t find shops here that used to be good.
BLISTER Shops also support our mission to produce fully honest, independent reviews. So check them out, and tell them we sent you. Then let us know how it goes — your feedback will be an important part of our review process to ensure that only legit shops are on this list.
Please share your feedback with us at:
• BENTGATE MOUNTAINEERING — Golden, Colorado •
For over twenty years, Bentgate has been the core climbing and ski shop for Denver and Golden, Colorado. (Read More…)
• ALPINE SPORTS — Santa Fe, New Mexico •
Alpine Sports has been in Santa Fe, New Mexico, for a long time, and new ownership has made this shop easy to recommend.
• POWDER HOUND SKI SHOP — Girdwood, Alaska •
Whether you’re headed to Alyeska Resort, flying with Chugach Powder Guides, or ski touring around Girdwood or Anchorage, Alaska, Powder Hound is the shop you should visit for all things ski and snowboard related. (Read More…)
• CROW’S FEET COMMONS — Bend, Oregon •
• BOOTDOCTORS — Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico •
The BootDoctors at Taos Ski Valley is a full service ski shop that handles tunes and mounts; sells skis, boots, and outerwear; and is home to the best team of bootfitters in the state of New Mexico. (Read More…)
• GNOMES ALPINE SPORTS — Darfield, New Zealand •
Gnomes is the shop we trust and where we gear up on our way to the club fields of Canterbury, New Zealand. (Read More…)
• INKLINE FOOT SCIENCE — Salt Lake City, Utah •
In the skiing mecca of Salt Lake City, it is no small thing to be named Blister’s recommended bootfitter. Find out why it’s where we go to get our boot work done, and why we highly recommend Inkline. (Read More…)