Technical outerwear and apparel continues to evolve, but what are the most interesting new technologies and trends you should know about? To answer that, we talk to Blister’s outerwear guru, Sam Shaheen.
To put it mildly, Sam is interesting. At the age of 15, he started his own outerwear company, and he recently completed his graduate studies in Bern, Switzerland. So in this episode, Sam and I talk about his background; starting and running an outerwear company; how and why Sam first got involved with Blister; and what Sam regards as the most important new technologies and trends in outerwear & apparel.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Sam’s background (2:00)
- Starting an outerwear company at the age of 15 (5:55)
- The significant challenges of building an outerwear company (11:00)
- How — and why — Sam first got involved with Blister (18:58)
- New Tech #1: “breathable” insulation (25:20)
- New Tech #2: “the coolest technology ever”- new manufacturing processes (31:43)
- New Tech #3: “the death of down” (35:26)
Related Articles on Blister by Sam Shaheen: