Dan Abrams started Flylow with a group of friends back in 2004, and Flylow pretty quickly became a brand favorite of skiers who weren’t wearing skin-tight race wear or super-slim mountaineering gear. And since those early years, Flylow has experienced pretty consistent and very impressive growth.
As you’ll hear, Dan is a very interesting guy and a true ski bum at heart. He and I discuss everything from whether and when a ski bum ought to have kids; why Dan once stripped off all of his clothes at a bar; how the outerwear industry is different now than it was back when Dan started Flylow; and Dan then drops some breaking news about a new technology that Flylow has been developing and will be rolling out soon.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Kids names, kids, and being a ski bum with kids (2:30)
- How & when did Flylow get started? (8:28)
- At what point did it finally feel like you were past the startup phase? (13:48)
- How different are things now in the outerwear industry than they were back in 2004/05? (14:51)
- How similar or different are your biggest challenges these days vs the challenges you faced in the early days of Flylow? (19:19)
- What current trends do you like, and which do you dislike? (26:30)
- What current tech are you excited about? (29:11)
- Breaking News: Dan talks about the new tech Flylow has been developing (30:52)
- Dan’s personal favorite Flylow piece (34:14)