One ski, for every day on the mountain, any and all conditions….
That’s the topic at hand, and this is Part 4 of our One-Ski-Quiver series.
To recap, we’ve asked our reviewers the following four questions, and these questions make up our selection criteria:
1) You have to choose one ski to use every day at the following BLISTER test sites: Taos, Alta, Jackson Hole, Las Leñas, and Niseko. What ski would you choose for each of those places? (You’re allowed up to two picks for each place, a first choice and a runner-up.)
2) What skis were the most difficult to leave off your list?
3) What skis do you imagine have the greatest likelihood of making your list, if and when you get to ski them (or get to ski them more)?
And finally, the Ultimate, End-All-Be-All, No Caveats, Bottom Line, One-Ski Quiver Question:
4) If over the next three seasons you had to ski one ski, every day, regardless of location, what would you choose?
TWO RULES, ONE REQUEST:
1) We’ve only considered what we’ve actually skied.
This should, of course, be obvious, but the ski review industry is a funny place. Some review sites give awards to stuff that they’ve hardly tested. We don’t. If you want to brush up on how we do things around here, check out the BLISTER Manifesto.
2) No company has paid us to get their ski on this list.
BLISTER is different. We don’t accept any money from any of the manufacturers we review. We don’t allow them to buy advertising on our website, and we don’t charge them a fee to review their skis. (Maybe that’s why our reviews don’t read like everybody else’s….)
3) If you’re ticked that your favorite ski didn’t make our list, tell us.
We’ll look to test the ski this coming season, and we’ll see whether we agree with you.
Each week, BLISTER reviewers will present their One-Ski Quiver choices.
The first One-Ski Quiver: Reviewers’ Choices were from BLISTER Editor-in-Chief Jonathan Ellsworth and BLISTER reviewer Julia Van Raalte.
Next, reviewers Will Brown and Lexi Dowdall weighed in.
Followed by Jason Hutchins and Kate Hourihan.
Up this week, Andrew Gregovich and Emily Cleveland.
One Ski, Part Two. Find out which skis approach the ideal of the One-Ski Quiver for BLISTER reviewers Will Brown and Lexi Dowdall.
One Ski, Part Three. BLISTER reviewers Jason Hutchins and Kate Hourihan offer their one-ski quiver choices.
One ski, for every day on the mountain, any and all conditions. This is the Holy Grail of the ski industry, and we're going to let you know which skis in our view come closest to the ideal of the one-ski quiver.