About the Blister Website & Reviews:
• “First, like everyone else, please allow me to thank you for your website. It is a revelation.” – Nick
• “Most magazine reviews suck. At this point, I just put my faith in Blister. It’s the best resource for ski / board / bike info out there. I tell all my friends about the site, and I wouldn’t buy a ski that you guys haven’t reviewed.” – I.C.
• “This site is so good, I’ve neglected my children.” – D. Smith
• “Your site is in a class of its own and the ski community appreciates it. I buy all my skis based on your recommendations and you have never pointed me in the wrong direction.” — E. Goldman
• “These Mountain Biking 101 and 201 articles are brilliant – Thanks! So much good info.” — P. Esra
• “Your 101 articles are off the charts good and break through the gas bag marketing that fogs product selection.” — Mr. P
• “Your website is like crack and I can’t get enough of it. I’ll be getting the paid subscription.” — Thomas
• “You guys are like my ski bible, so thanks again for cutting through the bullshit within the ski industry.” — B. Gephart
• “I appreciate your reviews–they are always high on quality and low on BS.” — Phil E.
• “After 50+ years of skiing, and almost as many years of reading reviews, I can say hand on heart, that this is the most comprehensive, honest, and reliable review publication I’ve ever come across. Thank you for the work you all do here.” — Hart
• “First of all, thank you. Blister is a blessing and a curse. On one hand, I’m so happy to find a website that provides such thoughtful, in-depth reviews that don’t seem like corporate quid-quo-pro puff pieces. On the other, I’ve never studied something so intensely and obsessively in my life. It’s literally keeping me up at night. Thanks again!” — A. DeLeo
• “You guys are f*cking incredible!” — S. Latshaw
• “Not that you need to hear it for the millionth time, but you are the only source of reliable information regarding ski reviews. Which is frankly bizarre given the time the other magazines have had to get their shit together. Also, the blister podcast has been a real pleasure to listen to. I’ve turned every skier I know on to blister if they are not wise to it already.” — B. Chadsey
• “Blister is basically the standard by which all gear review sites should be judged.” – J. Pantone
• “I love Blister. I have yet to find a site or magazine that provides such detailed, honest reviews.” – Chris R.
• “I love Blister and read it religiously. Just solid info for those of us who don’t test gear for a living!” – Gabe
• “Freaking killer articles. All of them. Keep up the really, really ridiculously awesome work.” — Jake
• “I have owned the Atomic Automatic, Volkl Mantra, and Blizzard Bodacious, and all of them have skied exactly as you described in your review. Thanks for giving us honest, accurate reviews.” – L. Hampton
• “You must be tired of hearing this after so many years, but it bears repeating just how excellent this site is along with all of the buyer’s guides and advice. The amount of effort and detail that goes into all this is simply astonishing, and I personally can’t thank you enough.” — D. Kunovac
About the Blister Membership:
• “Keep up the fantastic work! This is the best money I have spent on a subscription….by far!” – J. Wilkerson
• “Many thanks for the work you guys do, for the email exchange you had with me, and for making my days out on the slopes a lot more fun!” — E. Åsell.
• “I just subscribed and want to say that you guys have got it spot on. No one offers the quality of gear advice you do. It’s a great service.” – W. Gebhardt
• “Thank you. I really enjoy the blister gear reviews and plan on maintaining membership for years to come.” – J. Fagel
• “I recently became a blister member and have been busy digesting all the info in the guide and all reviews online, and like everyone else commenting on your site, I have to say it’s bloody brilliant — honest and very informative. Congrats on the site. You have done an unbelievable job putting it together.” – P. Dunn
• “I couldn’t sign up fast enough. Your work over the years has been much appreciated and I am very excited about the new products. Keep it up. And when I come down to Taos this year, I would love to buy y’all a beer.” — R. Belanger
• “I really appreciate the enormous effort put into Blister’s reviews, and their unbiased nature. I am most happy to support this effort. Thanks also for your past detailed reviews of goggle lenses which have really increased my enjoyment (and safety!) when I ski.” – S. Mandelbaum
About the Blister Winter Buyer’s Guide:
[ Get the Guide ]
• “This catalog — and all you do for all of us addicted to skiing — is amazing! This is the Holy Bible folks, the Holy Bible!” – I. Myashkov
• “Your Buyer’s Guide was the best such publication I’ve ever purchased in 20+ years following the industry.” – C. Kingsbury
• “Huge props on the Blister Winter Buyers Guide – it’s a freaking work of art. I especially love the rankings for conditions and application, in each category.” — K. Cunningham
• “Just wanted to let you know that I received the new guide no problem and was pleasantly surprised.
• “I thought the Buyer’s Guide was outstanding. Things I loved: (1) The category scales for specific ski characteristics. This is incredibly innovative and extremely useful (I imagine even more so for people who don’t religiously read your reviews like I do). (2) The categories were well thought out and I felt all the skis were great representations. (3) The photos were beautiful and the aesthetics of the guide on point and still on my coffee table. Thanks for the work. Well done!” – R Belanger
• “All in all, I love the guide. I’ve told every ski person about your site and I scoff at most of the magazine reviews. I’m such a blister-head that I bought last year’s Fischer Motives online; am negotiating with a ski shop down the road for Enforcers; and I’m waiting for my Blister Pros to arrive this week (insta-quiver!). Thank you, thank you, thank you Blister.” – B. Olsson
• “I loved the guide. Breaking the skis into categories that are meaningful to me was great, and the comparisons between skis in the same category is very useful. Thanks. And the photography is great.” – D. Tomrdle
• “Thanks for your Buyer’s Guide, it was great. I work in a ski shop in Sydney, Australia, and I thought your reviews were very good, very informative, and very fair.” – T. Parker
• “I wanted you to know that I truly enjoyed your Buyer’s Guide. I was in the market for new skis this year, used your website to research, and I eventually decided on the 2015-2016 Blizzard Cochise. You guys were right, they are guided missiles with no speed limit. Your unbiased and lengthy descriptions are spot on and helped me make an informed decision. My wife is now in the search for new skis, and the Gear Guide has traveled with her on several demo days to Santa Fe, Taos, and Wolf Creek already this season. In the Gear Guide, I appreciate that you are not ranking the skis best to worst like many of the other publications like to do. You guys recognize that no two skiers are the same, and that everyone and every region has their own independent style of skiing. You guys just list the facts, strengths, and weakness of each piece of equipment, then let me decide which one fits my individual style best. I absolutely love the Blister Spectrum section at the end of each category of the Buyer’s Guide. The Spectrum section may actually give me more information on a ski than the description. I love that I visually and quickly see how and where a ski fits compared to other skis in its category without becoming too cumbersome or confusing. I also appreciated the boot, bindings, and outer gear reviews that you included. I would confidently say that you hit a home run with your first at bat, and I wouldn’t change a thing. Thank you Blister! – S. Maze