Brendan Leonard is one of our favorite authors and favorite people. He’s also the creator of one of our favorite websites, Semi-Rad.com. If you don’t know Semi-Rad, you need to.
Brendan has a new book out, called, Sixty Meters to Anywhere. So it was a good time to bring Brendan onto the podcast to talk about the book, and a bunch of other things, such as:
• Some of Brendan’s upcoming projects, including a book about art, a book about pizza, and a book about football (that I might have to force him to write).
• Why Brendan is being drawn toward films & filmmaking
• Distraction (and social media and phones and dopamine)
• On being “busy,” and why Brendan tries to avoid using the term
• Kanye West (!!!)
• Coffee — and why I think Brendan is wrong to be trying to cut back on his consumption
Brendan is a great storyteller, so if you love the outdoors and have ever been tempted to pick up a pen or a camera to document your experience, you ought to listen to this podcast.
• Trailer for Brendan’s new Book:
• Brendan’s Most Popular Post: Did You Have a Good Adventure?
• Brendan’s Recent Video Project:
• Our Review of Brendan’s Book, The New American Road Trip Mixtape
• Brendan’s Book Recommendations:
Marlon James, A Brief History of Seven Killings
Kevin Barry, There are Little Kingdoms: Stories
• The Aaron Draplin / Graphic Design Video Brendan Discusses: