Industry Nine has debuted a new downhill wheel, the Grade300.
Built around their Torch hubs and System aluminum spokes, the Grade300 looks to be a modernized version of some DH-oriented wheels that Industry 9 has offered in the past. Notably, the wheels are available in all sizes — 26″ through 29″ — and the hubs are available in pretty much every spacing and standard under the sun.
Industry 9 is also saying that the wheels are rated for riders up to 300 lbs, and since the hubs are available in trail-bike widths, these might be a compelling option for the Clydesdale class.
More details on the Grade300 wheelset from Industry 9:
We are very proud to announce the all new Grade300 downhill wheelset. Our engineers worked extensively with our team riders to figure out how to make the already great Grade even better.
We gave the Grade300 a complete face lift. We stretched the rim to a 30mm inner width while adding material to the bead wall for increased durability, while not adding any extra weight.
This new rim, combined with our System spokes and Torch hub chassis makes for one incredibly strong wheelset. Rounding out the makeover are our new and improved rim graphics. A major departure from our graphics of old.
Weighing in at 1880 g for 27.5″ and 2000 g for 29″ this wheelset is stout enough for park laps but still light enough for race day. (26″ will also be available)
- Improved strength and dent resistance – Tapered bead wall and down wall construction puts additional material in the impact zone and buttresses the bead wall to resist deformation under impacts.
- Significantly improved strength to weight ratio – FEA optimized profile offers a much higher yield threshold at essentially the same weight as the original Grade.
- Optimized Inner Rim Width – Slightly wider inner width for improved sidewall support under hard cornering – However, 30 mm IW retains compatibility with most common DH tires on the market.
- Wider bead seat for improved tubeless performance and resistance to burping air.
- Narrower bead channel for easier tubeless inflation.
Grade300 wheelsets come built with Grade spokes, which are thicker than our normal trail spokes for added stiffness and durability.
Price / Custom Graphics
Starting at $1255 MSRP, all wheelsets are available in any or our 11 anodized colors, and in any pattern you can think of using our AnoLab page.